The Meta Quest 2 is a great virtual reality headset. Whether you use it for communication, entertainment or even education, it’s a multifunctional device. Meta continuously updates the headset, bringing new features like improved hand tracking whilst ensuring a smooth customer experience. However, there is the odd occasion when a reset is required or quite possibly a full refresh. If that is the case, here’s how to factory reset your Meta Quest 2.
Restart your Meta Quest 2
Firstly, if you are experiencing any problems with your Quest 2 then it’s always advisable to start with a simple restart. Just like the classic phrase “Have you tried turning it on and off again?” restarting your headset can solve issues more often than not. Most importantly, it doesn’t wipe the Quest 2 of all your data.
- Restarting Meta Quest
- With the headset on hold the power button for 3 seconds to bring up the Power Off screen.
- Select Restart.
- A power off/restart message will appear. Wait for the restart cycle to complete and enjoy more VR!
Factory Reset your Meta Quest
First things first, you need to be aware that a Factory Reset will entirely wipe your headset of your data. All games and downloads will be removed, returning the Quest back to its original state. If you’re experiencing any issues this should be the last action you take to solve them.
Most commonly, a Factory Reset is undertaken if you’re getting rid of the headset. Ensuring others don’t have your data.
There are two ways to Factory Reset a Quest, either in headset or via the app.
- Method 1 – Headset
- With the headset off, press and hold the volume down and power buttons.
- This should turn the Quest on and open the below screen.
- Using the volume buttons, scroll to Factory Reset and select the option with the power button.
- An “Are You Sure” screen will appear with the option to select Yes, erase and factory reset. Select that and the Quest will reset.
- The next time the Quest is switched on you’ll have to go through standard initial setup again.
- Method 2 – Quest App
- Open the app on your phone and ensure your Quest is connected – this is indicated in the top button showing how much power the Quest has as well as quick Cast options.
- Press the button and then select Headset Settings.
- Tap Advanced Settings.
- Tap Factory Reset.
And there you have it, how to Factory Reset your Meta Quest. You might want to look at some of our other guides.