Hello Neighbor is coming to virtual reality headsets today! The popular horror franchise where you sneak around a creepy neighbour’s house trying to see what’s in their basement has got the VR treatment.
Developed by Steel Wool Studios and published by tinyBuild, Hello Neighbor: Search and Rescue is about rescuing your friend from the house of the cunning Mr. Peterson. Switching between five skilled characters, you must evade his clutches at all costs. To do so, you’ll need to explore every nook and cranny of the Neighbor’s house. Master elaborate puzzles and piece together clues whilst avoiding perilous traps.
Hello Neighbor VR features
- Five playable characters in “The Rescue Squad”, each with unique items:
- Detective – Reveals hidden clues with a magnifying glass
- Brave – Smashes objects with a bat
- Scout – Shoots a slingshot
- Inventor – “Eyes in the sky” ground control
- Leader – Brightens dark rooms with a flashlight
- Story game mode with 3 main acts
- 3-6 hours of playtime with non-linear exploration where players can keep coming back to solve the same puzzles in multiple ways
- Environmental puzzles, such as exploring the Neighbor’s garage workshop to gather tools to get his car running or puzzling out clues the Neighbor hid to crack the code of his DIY Security Room door
- The iconic Hello Neighbor look, feel and sound is back, now in VR
“We’re excited to let players experience Hello Neighbor in a way that’s never been seen before,” said Chase Hernandez, Executive Producer at Steel Wool Studios. “When taking on the perspective of a child through VR, Mr. Peterson becomes much more intimidating by sheer size alone. Hearing him move throughout the house is nerve-racking, but it becomes downright scary when you’re spotted and the chase begins.”
Hello Neighbor VR: Search and Rescue is available from today, 25th May. It supports Meta Quest 2, PSVR/PSVR 2 and PC VR headsets.
Will you be sneaking around the neighbour’s house today? Let us know in the comments below.