With Steam Next Fest arriving in a few days there’s going to be a slew of exciting VR demos to play. Seemingly getting ahead of the pack, Resolution Games has already released a demo for its upcoming title Demeo Battles. However, even though the final game will be cross-platform compatible, the demo doesn’t support VR.
Demeo Battles is spinoff from Demeo, a turn-based dungeon crawler in a D&D style where teams battle waves of monsters. Adding a more competitive element to the gameplay, Demeo Battles pits players against one another instead. 1-4 players are able to go head-to-head in either 1v1 or 2v2 battles, using the same selection of heroes and card-based special abilities.
Demo the Demeo
Slightly moving away from the slower, more methodical approach in Demeo, Demeo Battles‘ competitive matches should take around 15-20 minutes. With the Steam demo, Demeo fans will be able to test the gameplay and see how it differs from the original. Even if its not in VR.
Demeo Battles will contain ten new maps for players to compete in, with the hunter, sorcerer, assassin, guardian, bard, warlock or barbarian classes available.
Some of the other key features include:
- Turn-based Tactics – Battle your opponents in dungeons, forests, and more as you square off against your enemies in grid-based action combat across 10 maps tailored for intense PvP competition
- Monstrous Minions – Assemble an army of chaotic critters to fight alongside you — from rats and goblins to cave trolls to giant slimes — a rotating cast of 37 creatures to pick from at launch, all with a mind of their own!
- Heroic Teamwork – Bring two champions to the battle in every match and leverage their synergies; control both heroes directly or partner up with another player to defeat competitors cooperatively.
- Play Your Way – Choose a champion to match your play style from 7 classes — hunter, sorcerer, assassin, guardian, bard, warlock or barbarian — to unleash magic, melee mayhem and more, with 89 possible cards to pick from when raining fury down on your opponents.
- Bespoke Builds – Spend your coins wisely when you enter the arena to build a unique loadout in every game, choosing from a randomized selection of action cards and monsters
- Cross-Play – Play with your friends across all supported devices
Are you looking forward to battling friends? Let us know in the comments below.