The public multiplayer option expands the co-op opportunities beyond setting up a session with your mates. Now, if no one is available, you can find other players to team up with and tactically sneak through the missions.
The public multiplayer is all part of developer Digital Lode’s current roadmap for the game, with many more additions planned for later in the year.
Espire 2 2023 Roadmap:
- Espire Ops: New single-player levels with weekly developer-set challenges
- Public Co-Op: Find public co-op games with fellow operatives when your friends aren’t online
- Co-Op Missions: More Co-op missions are in the works. In addition, players can expect a new hardcore difficulty setting for singleplayer and Co-Op Campaigns
- New VR Platforms: Espire 2 is coming to new virtual reality platforms. We are in the early stages of development and will have more to announce in 2023
- Skins: In response to this top request from players, Digital Lode will also introduce unlockable frame skins & weapon variants
Espire 2 is available for Meta Quest 2 and Quest Pro for £22.99 GBP. Or, grab the new Sneak and Destroy Pack for £39.33 (50.99 USD) featuring After the Fall as well.
If those aren’t to your liking, take a look at the free VR games for the Quest platform.