At the beginning of May, EA and Codemasters announced F1 23, confirming that it would come to console and PC in June. The next Formula 1 instalment will also get virtual reality support on PC but there’s been some ambiguity regardings any other VR platform, namely PlayStation VR 2. EA has now put that unknown to bed, confirming that while F1 23 will support PC VR headsets, PSVR 2 won’t get a port.
The lack of PSVR 2 support for PlayStation 5 was confirmed by Mixed News, with Electronic Arts informing the outlet of the news.
F1 23 will feature multiple game modes such as Time Trial, Grand Prix, and Multiplayer. Two new circuits have also been added, the Las Vegas Street Circuit in Nevada, USA and the Losail International Circuit in Doha, Qatar. The ‘Breaking Point’ Story mode will also make a return featuring young upstart, Aiden Jackson, and infamous protagonist Devon Butler.
F1 23 Release Date
EA will release F1 23 in just over a month, on 16th June 2023. It’ll support PlayStation 4 and 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S and PC.
How much will F1 23 cost?
EA Sports’ F1 23 will cost £59.99 GBP/$69.99 USD for PC and £69.99/$69.99 on PlayStation and Xbox for the Standard Edition.
A Champions Edition will also be available for £79.99 on PC and £89.99 for PlayStation and Xbox, this will include:
- 3 days Early Access (starting 13th June) with additional Early Access XP Double Boost
- Max Verstappen exclusively designed racing customisation items: Car Livery – Helmet – Suit – Gloves
- New My Team Racing Icons: Nigel Mansell, Jamie Chadwick, Pastor Maldonado, Kamui Kobayashi
- Braking Point 2 My Team Icons: Devon Butler, Aiden Jackson, Callie Mayer, Casper Akkerman
- Braking Point 2 Customisation items – Casual and race wear ingame items inspired by Braking Point 2.
- T-shirt, hoodie, cap, helmets, Konnersport car livery, suit, gloves
- F1 World Bumper Pack: Get a head start in the all-new F1 World with this pack of Resources, a Unique Upgrade, and 7 days of XP Boost that increases the XP you earn from being on track by +50%
- Virtual Currency – 18,000 PitCoin
Will F1 2023 be on EA Play?
The upcoming racing game will be available for PC via the EA App, Epic Games Store, and Steam.
As F1 23 will support PC VR will you be playing the immersive version? Let us know in the comments below. PSVR 2 players needn’t worry, here are all the exciting PSVR 2 games coming soon.