You can’t have missed the fact that Sony is on the cusp of launching its next virtual reality (VR) headset, the PlayStation VR 2. It is a fairly hefty piece of kit coming in at £529.99 GBP – even more than that for the Horizon Call of the Mountain bundle. Even so, most of you will want to accessorise your PSVR 2 in some way. Here are just some of the ways you can already do that.
Official PSVR 2 Kit
After spending hundreds on the new VR headset to plug into your shiny PlayStation 5, you’ll probably want the best accessories. That generally means going official, picking whatever Sony has come up with to entice you further.
There’s only one item on that list though, the PSVR 2 Sense Controller Charging Station. Only available to pre-order from the PlayStation Direct store, for £39.99 GBP, it’s a handy place to store, and charge those lovely controllers. You don’t want them rolling about after all.
Third-party chargers do already exist – which we’ll get to – but Sony’s is undoubtedly the slickest.
Unofficial PSVR 2 Kit
While the official kit is nice, in the wild west world of third-party accessories you’ve usually got a much better choice of products. But that variety of products does tend to mean a wide variety of quality. So the following list is by no means an endorsement by XR Source. We’ve not tried them out, simply found them for your easy perusal.
- KIWI design VR Stand Accessories PSVR 2 Compatible – $27.99
- PSVR2 Charging Display Stand with LED Light – $37.99
- MoKo PSVR 2 Accessories Kit Silicone Pad Handle Grip & 1 Anti-dust Cover – $15.95
- NexiGo Controller Charging Station for PSVR 2 – $29.99
- MoKo PSVR 2 Controller Charging Station – $24.45
- TiMOVO PSVR 2 Lens Protector & Controller Silicone Pads – $15.99
And that’s your lot (for now). We’ll update the list as more become available after the launch.