There are some great strategy games for VR headsets but new tower defence titles have been sorely lacking. Not to worry, because Jetdogs and VRKiwi are about to launch Towers & Powers across most major VR platforms this month.
Towers & Powers is a tower defence with a touch of the divine. You become a powerful god and help your loyal followers construct towers to fight off invading forces. Guide peasants, priests, warriors and magicians to organize, oversee, and fortify their towers. And whilst they’re doing that cast powerful magic spells to rain destruction on enemies, defend allies, or trap foes.
Towers & Powers Gameplay
- Tower Defense in VR | Engage in a thrilling tower defense game where the boundaries between reality and divine strategy blur. In VR, you have the perfect overview!
- Inspect the Battlefield | Take command by scrutinizing the battlefield from every perspective. With a 360-degree view, you can strategize and make split-second decisions to defend your islands against impending chaos.
- Play how you want | Whether you prefer a relaxed seated gaming session or the added mobility of standing up, Towers & Powers caters to your comfort.
- Dynamic Tower Construction | Build towers that go beyond conventional defense. Combine different types of units to create new structures, adding strategic depth to your defensive lineup.
- Fortify your defenses | Construct barricades strategically. Hold back waves of enemies and create tactical choke points.
- Deploy Units | Your units aren’t tied down to your towers, command peasants, priests, warriors, and magicians strategically to outmaneuver foes and protect your residents.
- Divine Spellcasting | Accumulate mana and cast powerful spells with your very own hands. Feel like an almighty god as you unleash divine interventions to turn the tide of battle.
Towers & Powers will hit SteamVR, Meta Quest, and PlayStation VR 2 on 15th December, priced at $16.99 USD. PSVR 2 owners can pre-order the game now and Steam customers can benefit from a 20% launch discount.
Plus don’t forget to check out all the new VR games set to arrive in December. Which ones are on your wishlist?