Feardemic held its new Fear Fest event this week, celebrating all things horror. As part of the show was the Horror Games Awards featuring 13 categories as well as a lifetime achievement award. There was a VR/AR section which had some excellent contenders, but at the end of the day, Capcom’s Resident Evil Village came out victorious.
The Resident Evil franchise as a whole had a strong turnout, succeeding in a total of six categories. These included the major ones like Horror Game of The Year and Best Game Design of the Year. You can find all the winners below.
Horror Game Awards 2023 Winners
- Best Game Design of the Year – Resident Evil 4 Remake
- Best Score/ Soundtrack of the Year – Resident Evil 4 Remake
- Best Audio Design of the Year – Dead Space Remake
- Best Horror Trailer of the Year – Silent Hill 2
- Best Performance of the Year – Nick Apostolides (Resident Evil 4 Remake)
- Best VR/AR Horror of the Year – Resident Evil Village
- Best Horror Multiplayer of the Year – The Outlast Trials
- Best Horror Content Creator of the Year – The Sphere Hunter
- Best Narrative of the Year – Signalis
- Best Indie Horror of the Year – Signalis
- Best Art Direction of the Year – Scorn
- Best Character of the Year – Leon Kennedy (Resident Evil 4 Remake)
- Horror Game of The Year – Resident Evil 4 Remake
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Mikael Hedberg (Alone in the Dark, Amnesia: Rebirth, SOMA) – Lead Writer
If you want further game suggestions then check out our best VR horror games list.
What’s your favourite horror game of the year? Let us know in the comments below.