VR rhythm action game Ragnarock has been flying the Metal music flag for a couple of years now. Available for most virtual reality headsets like Quest 2 and PSVR 2, today, Ragnarock brings the metal to PC gamers. Furthermore, songs by Swedish heavy metal band Sabaton are now available as DLC.
From its outset, Ragnarock was designed as an energetic, drum-based rhythm action title and one of the best VR rhythm action games available. With the PC release – which is a free update for the regular game – you can either play with a gamepad controller or a keyboard.
Ragnarock PC Updates
In addition to the new control scheme, the PC version also includes:
- New Calibration tool (will soon come to VR too)
- [Beta] Local multiplayer in Split-screen (up to 4 PC players)
- “One Key One Drum” mode available in Advanced Settings, in addition to the default game mode (not recommended but useful for accessibility or special controllers). The multiplayer and leaderboards are kept separate in this specific mode.
Sabaton RAID DLC
For all you Sabaton fans out there, Ragnarock features six of the band’s songs, each with three levels of difficulty.
- Resist and Bite
- To Hell and Back
- Seven Pillars of Wisdom
- Steel Commanders
- Night Witches
And keep an eye out for the new collectibles:
- an new battlefield environment
- a new eagle longship
- a new hammer (unlocked by playing all 6 songs from the DLC)
The new DLC means there are over 70 songs now available for the game! Ragnarock brings not only the metal but also a discount to rock fans. Currently, on sale via Steam, you can pick the game up with a 60% saving until next week! The Sabaton DLC is available for $6.99 USD.
Have you tried Ragnarock yet? What did you think? Let us know in the comments below.