The spooky season is upon us, and there’s plenty of horror games available for VR gamers. But what if you’re looking for something a bit more social than a quick blast through Resident Evil in VR? How about hosting your own Halloween party in the metaverse? That’s exactly what Vive are aiming to make possible.
Viverse is Vive’s open platform for virtual worlds and environments. A ‘metaverse’, of sorts. Developed by HTC and encompassing multiple devices and applications, the platform is intended to create an interconnected series of virtual worlds. And now you can create your own Halloween themed world to invite friends and family from all over the world.
The Viverse platform consists of various components, including VR headsets, social applications, and content creation tools. While VR is the optimum way to experience Viverse, it can be used on a number of different devices, including smartphones. Thus, if you’re looking to invite a less tech-savvy relative to a virtual Halloween Party, Viverse could be the platform of choice.
How to Create a Viverse World – Halloween Party Time!
Below are the steps you’ll need to take to create your own world on the Viverse platform. Of course, the first thing you’ll need to do is register for an account! It’s free, and once you’ve signed up you can begin creating content with the following steps:
- Open your World and click the Visitor tab in the top right menu to switch from Visitor mode to Owner mode. This gives you access to add 3D models.
- Click Add ( +) in the top right menu, taking you to a tab of 3D models from Sketchfab, sorted by category.
- Choose a 3D model and click Add to bring it into your World.
- Click on your imported model to open the inspector menu. Scale, rotate, and move the object so it fits seamlessly into your World.
- Once you’re happy with your spine-chillingly festive Halloween Party World, it’s time to invite people over and get the party started!
Are you planning a VR Halloween Party? Let us know your platform of choice in the comments below!