Using VR to boost your exercise plan is never a bad idea. There’s plenty of software and games designed to support your fitness, from Rezzil Player 22 to FitXR. And now, every VR workout you engage in can give you detailed feedback on your progress, thanks to new Health Connect by Android integration.
Last summer, Meta launched the Meta Quest Move (formerly Oculus Quest Move) app. This allowed for Meta Quest 2 users to view their VR workout data, including calories burned and minutes worked out in VR, on a mobile device. Now however, Meta has taken this one-step further. With Health Connect by Android integration, your VR workout stats become part of your regular daily activities.
VR Workout meets Daily Exercise
Android users can now get credit for their VR workout in Health Connect by Android, without having to manually input the minutes they exercised. Furthermore, VR workout stats will automatically be recognised with all other daily fitness activities on their Android devices. Now, you can always see an up-to-date picture of your exercise progress.
In order to connect Meta Quest Move to Health Connect by Android, follow these simple steps:
- In the Meta Quest Move app in VR, tap Settings in the bottom right corner.
- Scroll down to “Connect Move to Meta Quest Mobile App” and toggle on the switch.
- Follow the instructions above to connect Meta Quest Move with the Meta Quest mobile app.
- Tap on the “Connected Apps” tab at the top.
- Finally, toggle on “Health Connect by Android” to enable syncing. You have to agree to provide permissions for “Active calories burned” and “Exercise” in order to enable this feature.
That completes the process! You are now ready to collate all of your workouts in a single app, automatically. Whether walking to the local shops, or destroying alien motherships in the skies above New York! Enjoy.